Friday, January 30, 2015

The Plan


Here's me with all the 10x10 canvases
I've prepared for the trip! 
 I'm leaving in just a few hours for Arizona, and taking you all with me. The Origins Painting Trip is officially beginning! 

My plan is to drive more or less straight through to Arizona, and not stop to paint on the way - though if I see something that I have to paint, I will. 

Once I get to Arizona, I'll paint in and around Tubac, and will send posts from there. I'll do the show in Tubac, Feb. 4-8, and shortly afterwards, will head to Fort Defiance, and paint around there for a couple weeks. So expect a bit of a slow start, cranking up to a flurry of painting from the middle of February on. 

I'll be making paintings for all of you, in the sizes you bought with your sponsorships - and I will be making a few extra paintings, too. Some of these will be for the giveaway - I'll choose the winner in the middle of the trip - and some will be just up for grabs. 

So please make sure to open the emails from me! When I post one of the free paintings, it will go to the first one who claims it. 

Many of these are likely to be smaller paintings, perhaps on panels, or even on paper, but my hope is that you will like them! 

***
NO WILD PROMISES here, but I am bringing the video camera, so you might get some video from the road. I might try Instagram, too - if I can figure it out. If five million teenagers can do it, I should be able to. We'll see. 

***

IF THERE ARE places you'd like me to paint, or moods or weather you're longing for, please let me know. I'm happy to be on the lookout for red earth or turquoise skies, adobe houses or saguaro cacti. And if I can get to the spot, I will! 



***
YOU SPONSORS change the shape of the trips. Your sponsorships make it far easier for me to take the trips in the first place. And even more than that, your sponsorships change my perspective. 

It makes a difference to know that I am painting and writing not just for the random person who stumbles along, but for each and every one of you. 

Thank you so very much for your faith in me and your generous support. 
***

Here's the van, half-packed and nearly ready to go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment